LouFest Brings Buzz to Music-Lovers

Jessica Fosse, Life Editor

Fall excites many students for the change of weather or fashion but fall is also the time for St. Louis’ annual LouFest.

LouFest is a two-day music festival held in Forest Park St. Louis, Mo. Over 30 bands are on the 2017 lineup and multiple food trucks will be on-site making LouFest a popular event around the area. Junior Severine Rebmann attended the 2016 festival and hopes to go again this year.

“I would love to go if I can scrounge up enough money. It’s crazy expensive,” Rebmann said.

The cost of two-day tickets is $95 with added fees which stands a bit pricey with EHS students. But for students only interested in seeing only one of the headliners, one-day tickets are selling for $60 with fees.

Junior Tessa Leapley looks forwards to the headliners as well as the smaller and lesser known bands.

“I’m excited for Cage the Elephant mainly because I keep meaning to get into them so this is a good way to start I suppose. I’m always looking for new people to listen to and this is a great place to do so,” Leapley said.

Alongside Cage the Elephant, Weezer and Snoop Dogg are this year’s attractions. Music festivals include many bands most people have never heard of and the LouFest lineup is a no different. Sophomore Aidan Williams is no stranger to music festivals.

“I went to Toco festival once. It’s outside Six Flags, St. Louis,” Williams said. “I feel that music festivals offer more variety and are more centered around the community than the individual.”

LouFest 2017 is scheduled on Sept. 9 and 10. As the day gets closer, the attendees grow more eager to spend two days on picnic blankets in Forest Park.

“I like music festivals just because you can see more artists,” Rebmann said, “and also the vibe is so much better than concerts in my opinion.”