A Halftime Show to Remember

Corinna Winkler
Serena Caldarola and Gwen Harkey perform with color guard at Friday’s football game.

With the heat preventing their halftime show at the previous home game, marching band was finally able to perform their full routine Friday.

“I look upon the crowd and I see eager faces,” senior percussionist David Geldmacher said minutes before their performance began.

The halftime show provoked gasps from the crowd. There was intense choreography for color guard, including girls being lifted in the air. 

The theme is “Upon the Midnight Hour” and started with clocks ticking. It had some vocals in the beginning, making it eerie at the start.

“The performance tonight set a good precedent for the rest of our season,” senior saxophonist Grant Smith said. 

The following day, marching band had a competition at OTHS where they won in six categories.

“I’m so honored to be part of such an amazing group of kids who are dedicated to exceeding expectations,” senior drum major Sloan Watson said.

Saturday night, band will perform an exhibition at 8:45 on the home football field after providing tours to the schools competing at Tiger Ambush.

Julia Towell
Julia Towell, A&E Editor
Julia is a senior and second-year journalism student. She is the A&E editor for The Claw and Tiger Times Online. Julia is an Aquarius who absolutely despises Matthew McConaughey. On Friday nights you won’t see her at a football game on her own free will, but you will catch her snuggled in bed with her cat, reading. Julia is actively involved in Drama Club and Bel Canto. Outside of school she loves to read, cuddle her wonderful little baby boy and gremlin cats, garden, sleep, and watch romcoms.