Student Council Reveals Homecoming Theme

Hannah Wente, Co-Editor-In-Chief

The excitement for the 2015 homecoming is building as StuCo reveals more and more information about this year’s theme and events.

“I am very excited to see how [the homecoming theme] is going to turn out,” freshman Kayleigh Wallace said.

Everyone has heard the announcements over the intercom in the morning and has seen the posters in the stairwells, but what does “The Year of the Tiger” actually mean?

According to senior Tom Webb, vice president of School Events in StuCo, it will be something even bigger than the last few years.

“The decorations are beautiful and it seems like each year it gets better and better,” Webb said.

This year, the theme is a bit more unexpected.

“[The theme is] basically an Asian theme consisting of cultural and nature elements from many different Asian countries, for example China, Japan, and Thailand,” senior Henry Lu, vice president of community outreach, said.

The StuCo officers did not want to choose anything that could be easily guessed or considered cliché.

“There were many elements that were part of this theme that we were able to envision into something that’s very elegant, very classy,” Lu said.  He got the idea after seeing a video of a lantern festival.

Some of the elements that students can expect to see at the dance include cherry blossoms, lanterns, dragons and other Asian themes.

But the theme is not limited to just the dance.

“I don’t want to say too much to spoil homecoming week, but it is going to make for a great one and the theme nights we’ve chosen are going to be a blast,” vice president of technology senior Clayton Schneider said.

StuCo is keeping the details under wraps as usual, but are confident that students will not be disappointed.

“I honestly think this will be one of the best homecomings yet,” Webb said.