Don’t Blow your Top at those on the Bottom

Tatiania Perry, Staff Writer

Push the doors open and walk through, there is something going on in every direction; finding anybody or anything in this slew of people proves to be rather difficult.

Once you are able to locate a friend or two searching finding your first few classes is next step. Navigating the hallways for the first time is a really confusing experience according to freshman Elise Krone.

“I was trying to find my way but I didn’t want to get in anybody’s way,” Krone said.

Everyone else is so concerned with getting to class that they will not stop to help the freshman out. However they are the first to yell at them when they disrupt their path. This only adds to the stress of beginning of the year.

Once lunch time rolls around, passing period has gotten a bit more comfortable and now there is a whole new challenge to face. Where you sit and with who is of the utmost importance. According to the Huffington Post freshmen generally assume that high school is all about what they see on TV.

To a freshman everything is new and exciting and some of the upperclassmen seem to have forgotten that.

We do not want to give the freshman a break because we are not quite as excited about everything as they are. We laugh when we see that our younger siblings have over packed their backpacks or are freaking out because their locks do not fit. We seem to have forgotten that only three years ago they were just like them.

“I think sophomores are just happy to not be freshman anymore, juniors are too worried about raising their grades and preparing for the ACT,” senior Olivia Watson said. “Seniors are just worried about keeping their GPA up and graduating.”

Leave the freshman alone and give yourself permission to recover the innocence and excitement of freshman year even if just for a moment.