Student Council Conducts Talent Show Tryouts

There is no question, EHS has talent. Either on the stage, on the field or in the classroom, EHS students will leave you amazed by their talents.

On Feb. 20 some of EHS’s most talented students will take the stage in a night of laughter and amazement for the annual EHS Talent Show hosted by student council.

With acts ranging from magic tricks to singing the talent show showcases the diversity of EHS’s talent, “we try to maintain a balance (between singers and other acts) throughout the show,” senior student council member Isabella Lilly said.

Auditions began Friday and will happen again on Wednesday in the choir room, “the entire council decides collectively,” Lilly said. “All of us watch the auditions and judge.”

As for what they are looking for? “Obviously, we choose based upon talent,” Lilly said. “It’s easier to get your foot in the door if you have a unique talent, like magic or stand-up comedy (to maintain the balance).”

Though the show is a mix of all talents and all grades, upperclassmen do get some priority. “We usually give priority to upperclassmen as well since they have fewer opportunities to be in the show again.”

The talent show is also an effort to give back to the community. Admission is a canned good which is donated to the Glen-Ed food pantry or $2 which is donated to Anderson Hospital.

A highly anticipated event by the student body, there is rarely an empty seat in the auditorium. “I love the talent show,” junior Malarie Thompson said. “It’s a way for some students to show their talents other than singing like magic and other fun things. I look forward to it every year.”

Devin Kane
Devin Kane, Co-Editor-In-Chief
Devin is a senior at EHS and is in her third year in the journalism program. Devin is the Co Editor-in-Chief for the Tiger Times and The Claw and also oversees sports for the newspaper. Devin is entering her fourth year as a photographer for The Tiger Yearbook and her first year as the Photo Editor. She is also a member of the EHS softball team where she plays outfield. There is nothing Devin takes more pride in than being able to compete as an Edwardsville Tiger. When she’s not taking pictures or on the softball field, Devin enjoys going new places and meeting new people. She is an avid Mizzou football fan and loves anything black and gold. She plans on going to college and studying Physical Therapy or Journalism. Devin’s favorite part of being on the publications staff is seeing the product start to finish and the amount of time and effort that goes into producing the yearbook and newspaper.