Big Brother: The Final Five

Walking into the game, the house and the atmosphere of “Big Brother,” you would have never guessed two months ago that these five players would have made up the final five.

Any way you look at it, the final five players have earned their way to this point.

Of course you have the best player in the game, the best-friend of the best player, the girl that gets carried to the end, the crazy competition beast, and the cocky one that thinks they can win.

The best player in the game of “Big Brother” so far has to be Derrick. He has won enough competitions to make his way through the game, however, he is not known as a physical threat. Derrick is very sly with his words and a “puppet master” is what he likes to call himself. “Derrick is going to win the game. Hands down best player this summer,” junior Emma Warren said. He is behind every eviction in the house, and still, has no blood on his hands. If Derrick doesn’t win it will be a big surprise to “Big Brother” fans.

If it wasn’t for a best player’s best friend, then the best player wouldn’t be the best player.

Cody is an attractive soccer player that all the ladies drool over. “I think Cody is very attractive,” sophomore Nicki Meyer said. Not only does Cody have good looks but he is a very good player as well. Cody and Derrick work very good together. They have extreme amounts of trust in each other, and always agree on any decision they make. If Derrick doesn’t make it to the end, count Cody as one that will get a various amount of jury votes and could potentially win the 500K.

Although Cody is the best friend to the best player, Derrick’s master plan includes getting as many jury votes as possible. This is where the girl that was carried to the end, Victoria, is taken into play.

Victoria likes to call herself the “Big Brother Princess.” This name is very fitting because she was carried the whole way to the end. The girl only won a single competition and the competition was handed to her earlier in the game. “I don’t think Victoria deserves to still be in the game. She hasn’t really played much game all summer and it is annoying,” sophomore Blair Baugher said. The only reason Victoria was carried through the game was to be someone who is easy to beat in the end.

The toss up player this season would have to be the “competition beast,” Frankie.

Frankie is the brother of pop star, Ariana Grande. He came into the game as a flaming homosexual with pink hair and very feminine attributes. Although he seemed like one of the girls at first, Frankie became a part of an all-male alliance and succeeded their goal to make it to the end. Frankie has won nine competitions and one of them when his teammate threw the competition to purposely lose to get him out. Frankie may be very nice and down to Earth, but he is very manipulative and tries to be best friends with everyone to ahead himself in the game.  He is someone to watch out to make it to the end by winning all of the competitions.

The next in line would be the cocky one that thinks he will win the game, and that is Caleb.

The nickname “Beastmode Cowboy” was given to the strong country boy at the beginning of the game. Falling in love with a girl in the house at the beginning, his game didn’t reach his full potential. He liked Amber, and simply, Amber did not like Caleb.

When senior Chris Doyle was asked if he thought Caleb could win the game, he said, “I think if Caleb wouldn’t have gotten caught up in the whole ‘Amber drama,’ he would be more respected in the house and would have more of a chance to win.” Once Amber left the house, Caleb came back to boy’s alliance, and started playing the game he should have been playing. Although Caleb has played a decent social game, and did okay in competitions, I don’t think it will be enough to win him the money if he does get to the end.

The five players will continue to fight for the 500K prize. “Big Brother” airs three times a week: Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

Bailey Zimmer
Bailey Zimmer, Staff Writer
Bailey Zimmer is a senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys writing sports pieces for the Tiger Times and The Claw. When Bailey is not in school, he is most likely watching baseball, hanging out with his friends, or watching his beloved Rams. His dream is to become a part of a baseball franchise and wants to become a businessman for an MLB team. Bailey is the first baseman for the EHS varsity baseball team, and helped the team get to the “Elite Eight” Super-Sectional game his junior year. Bailey hopes the team will get even farther this year. His dream has always been to attend the University of Missouri, however, he is still in the process in deciding between playing college baseball and attending Mizzou.