A “Clash” Hit Sparks Student Interest

“I looted for 300,000 gold today!” junior Roman Scaturro said.  He was pretty excited about getting a high amount of gold since the average looted rate is only 100,000. However, this is not real money he is talking about, it’s Clash of Clans.

Clash of the Clans, started two years ago by a company named “SuperCell”, is now a rising star in the global market. It is an online strategic game where players train troops to fight against other members to gain loot.  Player’s needs loot to improve their village base and prevent other members from stealing their loot.  At times, the game might seem boring and repetitive, but once competition begins between friends and families, then it will be worthwhile.

“I like that there is two objective to the game,” said junior Brandon Nichols. “Build the best defense and throw out a strong offense.”

“It makes (you) think and have fun at the same time,” said JoEy0524, a reviewer from the App Store.   “This is one of the only games I can say that I have not ever gotten bored of.”

How to be a good clasher:

1. Save gems for extra builders.  It is crucial that good players have more than just two builders at the early stages of the game.  Gems are used to purchases premium items.  Usually they cost real money to obtain them, but when a player destroys a tree, log, mushroom, or stomp there is a possibly of gaining free gems.
  2. Upgrade everything to the max for each town hall level because it will be expensive and time consuming later on.  Not mention, it will be harder to obtain loot due to other high level players.

“Keep attacking and upgrading so you can get more gold and elixir,” Freshman Vicki Andersen said.

1. Build a strong defense for your base.  Remember a strong defense is just as important as strong offensive.
  2. Log in as often to battle.  Only way to gain resources faster is to steal it from your enemies.
  3. One more thing, respect your fellow clan members because they are the one supplying the clan castle with troops.

Lastly, to be a great competitor in Clash of the Clans, dedication is the key.

Ryan Zhong
Ryan Zhong, Staff Writer
Ryan Zhong is a junior at EHS and staff writer for “The Claw.”  In school, he is very passionate about his work in school.  He likes to play the guitar. His favorite type of genre is alternative rock and pop, and he wants to be a songwriter someday.  His parents own a Chinese restaurant called “The Orient." During the weekends, he works at his parents’ shop.  His favorite type of food is Chinese food. Other than that he likes to eat pizza all day. He is proud to be a family of Zhong because his family shares much culture diversity than any other family. He tries to make everything count no matter how bad it is. If you'd like to find out more about him, you could visit his shop during the weekend. P.S. Make sure you try his food before leaving high school.