Things to Do Before I Die

We all have those crazy things we want to do in life or goals we would like to achieve before we pass away.  Some people write these things down in an attempt to remember them as their life goes on through a bucket list.

“My friend and I just sat down one day and decided to make a list of things we want to do before we die,” senior Selena Gray said.  Gray would someday like to be in a flash mob, have a massive food fight, be fluent in another language and own a hotel.

We all want to experience different things throughout our lifetime.  I mean YOLO, right?  We all have been there, wanting nothing more than to get away from our responsibilities and have fun for a change.

“I just want to live a very adventurous life, so when I think of something I would like to do, I write it down,” junior Olivia Kalmer said.  People want to have memories which they can tell their friends and possibly their children about later in life.

“I would really love to go sky diving one day,” Kalmer said. “I have already gone to London and have owned my own Jeep, so there are two things off my list.”

Then there is the question, what do you do when you have completed everything on your list?

“I’m not even 50 and I have completed everything on my bucket list,” history teacher Mr. Keith Baker said.  He had five things he really felt the need to accomplish: receive a college degree, be in the military, become a judge for Drum Corps International, get married and have kids.

“My wife says I need a new one, but I feel like if I made a new one then I could die with stuff still on my bucket list,” Mr. Baker said.  “So I think I am just going to stay like this and feel accomplished with myself.”

Lauren Corby
Lauren Corby, Staff Writer
Lauren Corby is a senior at Edwardsville High School. She enjoys spending her time playing volleyball and softball. Lauren is headed to University of Arkansas Pine Bluff on a volleyball/academic scholarship and later hopes to pursue a nursing career. She loves coffee, cream soda and anything edible. Lauren is addicted to working out. She loves Journalism 2 because Mrs. Thrun is the teacher and because of all the awesome people.  She cannot wait to head to college next fall.