Fan Section Grows Year After Year

Each year a new sports team starts the season hoping to reach that state championship title.  It is the 2014 season and none of our athletes are taking no for an answer.  There to support them is the growing fan section.

“This year the sporting events are a lot more exciting for me because it’s my senior year and because our football team went so far, and our soccer boys won state,” said senior Caleb Pursell. “Our student section has definitely grown since last year.”

What is it that is causing our student section to grow?  Is it our cheers, our matching clothing to games or maybe it’s simply our wanting sports to succeed in their season.

“I love seeing us win because that’s pretty much all we do and I love when we score or do something amazing and everyone starts jumping and yelling,” said Pursell.

Freshman Kaylynn Williamson loves the fan section at the high school compared to the middle school.

“They’re a bigger deal and more fun because more people go to them,” said Williamson.  “More students go to the high school games than middle school, but I think being able to drive to sporting events helps with that instead of having to rely on your parents for rides.”

In the EHS fan section you will see a variety of every class, but definitely a majority of seniors and juniors.

“I feel like I go to more this year than I have the past two years combined,” said junior McKenzie Marshall.  “I think a huge part of it is that I know more of the players on the varsity teams now than I did when I was an underclassman.”

EHS’s fan section continues to grow by the year, and we will never stop supporting our Tigers.

Lauren Corby
Lauren Corby, Staff Writer
Lauren Corby is a senior at Edwardsville High School. She enjoys spending her time playing volleyball and softball. Lauren is headed to University of Arkansas Pine Bluff on a volleyball/academic scholarship and later hopes to pursue a nursing career. She loves coffee, cream soda and anything edible. Lauren is addicted to working out. She loves Journalism 2 because Mrs. Thrun is the teacher and because of all the awesome people.  She cannot wait to head to college next fall.