Orange Rush Leaves Blazing Trail of Support

Teams huddle, coaches yell, referees whistle and above it all, the stands are filled with fans dressed in orange: Welcome to the homecoming game.

The homecoming football game was on Oct. 18 against Granite City with EHS winning 55-7. The triumph was a superb way to set the homecoming festivity off. The game was an orange out and people of all ages attended.

“I go whenever I can make it, sometimes cross country interferes, but I always go when I can,” sophomore Katie Edmonds said.

Walking toward the Sports Complex, the smell of excitement was in the atmosphere. Cars are bustling around trying to scope out an open parking spot, and cheers from the crowd are easily over heard from the football stadium.

“I always participate in orange rush and cheer as loudly as possible,” sophomore Abby Hensley said.

E’ville’s student section is just as proud and supportive as the St. Louis Cardinals fans; EHS even gave out sports paraphernalia items during the game.

“I go to all the games. I really like getting the rally towels [at the homecoming football game], sophomore Katie Berry said.

The cheers from the crowd were unforgettable.

“Our fans have cheers they do together, you won’t find that anywhere else,” senior Hayden Schmidt said.

Not only are the football games a great way to show off Tiger spirit, but they are also an enjoyable way to socialize with peers.

“The homecoming football game was a lot of fun. I had a wonderful time with my good friends cheering on the football team and drinking hot chocolate,” Hensley said.

Undefeated, the varsity football team kicks off the last game of the conference against Bellville East this Friday. The game is a home game, so pop on in to support Orange Rush and senior night.

Tatum Secor
Tatum Secor, Staff Writer
Tatum Secor is a senior at Edwardsville High School and was born July 3, 1995 in Huntsville, Alabama. Although born in the South, she was raised in the St. Louis area and prefers the dwelling of city life over rural areas. She plans to pursue a career in Advertising/Graphic Design and attend college at Southern Illinois University. “I bounced around between my career choices and after taking a Journalism class, I realized how much I truly love the media,” Secor said. In her spare time she does horseback riding and takes lesson with her trainer. “The thrill of the sport combined with the patience needed to work with a 1200 pound animal is really something extraordinary.”