Dodge, Dip, Dive, Duck and Dodge

Oct. 15 will be the date of one of the biggest homecoming week events, the dodgeball tournament.  It is a fun and competitive way to spend an evening.

Many EHS students attend this event, whether it is to participate, to watch friends or just because they have nothing better to do.

This was the case for many of those who attended last year.

“I originally came to watch a few of my friends play, but my favorite part had to be the championship game,” senior Brendan Magruder said.

It is free to watch, but for a team of five you must pay a fee of $50.

The tournament is set up like a bracket.  There are a few pool games and then the tournament play begins. As it begins, the teams start to dwindle down until there are only two left to compete in the championship.

The winning team receives free parking passes for all its players. Seniors will  receive $100 each.

Some of the students are playing for the parking passes or money, but others are playing for the title of being the champions.

“We got second place last year, so we are winning it all this year,” sophomore Collin Clayton said.

However, there are others who are playing just to have a good time with their team members.

“I am just playing because people can watch me throw a ball, plus my team is getting really cool headbands,” senior Aaliyah Covington said.  Covington is part of an all-girls team named the Average Josie’s.

Anyone is allowed to come out and compete, so let the best team win.

Lauren Corby
Lauren Corby, Staff Writer
Lauren Corby is a senior at Edwardsville High School. She enjoys spending her time playing volleyball and softball. Lauren is headed to University of Arkansas Pine Bluff on a volleyball/academic scholarship and later hopes to pursue a nursing career. She loves coffee, cream soda and anything edible. Lauren is addicted to working out. She loves Journalism 2 because Mrs. Thrun is the teacher and because of all the awesome people.  She cannot wait to head to college next fall.