Edwardsville or Boringville?

Have you ever sat at home on a Saturday night and just wondered why you did not have any plans?  Let’s be honest; we have all been there. On every social network, EHS students complain about how bored they are. So why not do something about it?

Believe it or not, there is plenty to do around Edwardsville.

Senior Andrew Petty enjoys going to the YMCA to work out and get “swoll.” Many student athletes use the YMCA to help improve their stamina and prepare for the season.

“Being a wrestler, I have to make sure I never get out of shape. It’s also a great way to get your mind off things when you’re stressed,” said Petty.

Working out is a great way to help the physical condition of one’s body. What is one major thing you need after a great workout? Food.

Senior Abby Urbanek’s favorite food venue in Edwardsville is the Mexican restaurant La Fonda. She says it has good, inexpensive food. “The staff is great! I would recommend the chicken shredded nachos,” Urbanek said.

If you are more of the creative type, no worries; our town can also cater to you. Many EHS students go to Pottery Hallow to relax and unwind from all the stress school puts on them. At Pottery Hallow, you can paint your very own piece of clay, whether it be a pot, vase, or other creation. Sophomore Carmen Vandyke enjoys going there in her free time.

“It is something different and fun that you can do with your friends,” Vandyke said.

If you are looking for an inexpensive way to spend your time, an option would be the Watershed Nature Center. You can walk the trails and see many different types of wildlife.

In the same vacinity as the Watershed, there are volleyball and basketball courts that keep many teenagers entertained. You do not need to be athletic to play. All you need do is grab a group of friends and have some fun.

“I really enjoy playing sand volleyball and sipping on some lemonade after the games with friends,” senior Tessa Wagner said.

It does not matter who you are. When you are bored, do not complain about it. Look around you; there are so many opportunities for fun.

Lauren Corby
Lauren Corby, Staff Writer
Lauren Corby is a senior at Edwardsville High School. She enjoys spending her time playing volleyball and softball. Lauren is headed to University of Arkansas Pine Bluff on a volleyball/academic scholarship and later hopes to pursue a nursing career. She loves coffee, cream soda and anything edible. Lauren is addicted to working out. She loves Journalism 2 because Mrs. Thrun is the teacher and because of all the awesome people.  She cannot wait to head to college next fall.