America’s Favorite Pastime Dives into Post-Season

Stands full of people with foam fingers and gloves, the smell of nachos and fried foods fill the air and everyone’s tempers are raised ready to yell at the umpires.  The Major League Baseball playoffs have returned.

The past week the St. Louis Cardinals have been like a weed in the wind swaying back and forth with wins and losses, and it is driving fans insane.  “It kind of makes me nervous,” junior Megan Radae said, “because the Cardinals are usually a pretty consistent team.”

“I do want them (Cardinals) to go as far as they can go without beating the Dodgers,” sophomore Payton Evans said.  Everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion.

The Cardinals are built to play close games and manufacture runs, which makes them a very intriguing team to watch and keep fans on their toes.  One of the Cardinals biggest competitors this year, the Dodgers, have proven that they will run deep into the post-season.

So far the Red Sox and the Dodgers are dominating in their series, leaving the Braves and Rays in the dust.  While the other four teams have been making their fans sweat it out.  In their last four games the Athletics and Tigers have split. Radae said, “The Cardinals always seem to find a way to win.”

This is exactly what they did in their last game pulling out their last win against the Pirates, 1-6.  With all the energy and support from the Cardinal nation, there is no way they could have lost.

Now Cardinal fans are ready to get huddled on their coach and watch the Cards and the Dodgers go head-to-head in their next series, beginning Friday night.  Let’s hope that the Cards pull of another miraculous win.  Play ball.

Paige Schmittling
Paige Schmittling, Staff Writer
Paige Schmittling is a junior at Edwardsville High School.  She spends her time playing softball year-round and working out.  She hopes to attend Western Illinois University and play college softball and major in athletic training.  Paige loves listening to music and watching horror movies.  Paige joined the Journalism 2 staff because she loves Mrs. Thrun and writing. She enjoys going to Cardinals games and watching baseball.  Paige is very energetic and loves the company of her friends.