Boys Soccer Remains Undefeated in SWC With Win Over O’Fallon

On Thursday Sept. 6, the boys soccer team defeated the O’Fallon Panthers earning a win in their Southwestern Conference.

The night started off slow by the back-to-back score attempts by both teams. Junior Landon Paul shot the first goal of the night putting the Tigers in the lead during the first half

After the second goal by senior Michael Roman, O’Fallon scored right before the end of the first half. The Panthers could not break the Tigers’ resistance during the second half, but senior Brent Henlein managed to make the last shot.

“It went well for us as a team,” Henlein said. “We’ve gotten a lot better than last year,”

Last year, the team was not able to capitalize on as many scoring opportunities. This year is expected to be much more successful. According to Henlein, a few newcomers are stepping up to the plate.

“Suleman Bazai is doing really well,” Henlein said.

Junior Suleman Bazai has been making his mark with much support from his team. He plays wing-midfield and says that he, as well as the team, is performing well.

“Our attack has been better this year, [and] we’ve been getting lots of goals,” Bazai said.

Seniors Lily Cobb and Katie Shashack believe that the boys played very well and aggressively this past Thursday.

“They possessed the ball very well,” Lady Tiger soccer player Cobb said, “and got down the outside channels many times for several chances on goal.”

The Tigers have six wins and two losses overall, but they are undefeated in the Southwestern Conference. Go Tigers!

Cameron Thomas
Cameron Thomas, Editor-in-Chief
Cameron Thomas is a senior at Edwardsville High School and the Editor-in-Chief for the Tiger Times. He is also Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Tiger Yearbook. A few of his favorite magazines are Vogue, GQ and all publications by Condé Nast. He spends a lot of his time reading fashion articles and staying up to date on the latest trends. One of Cameron's aspirations in life is to be a well-recognized fashion editor of a major publication. Go figure.