How to Enjoy Spring Weather

As the weather continues to grow warmer and warmer, everyone wants to spend more time outside. But with school, other activities or allergies, it can be difficult to find the time to enjoy the weather. If you get a little creative, it can become a bit easier.

1. Bring your homework outside. If it’s not windy enough for your homework to blow away, try doing it outside. That way you can get your homework done while still enjoying the weather. If you’re really desperate to get homework done outside, grab a rock and put it on the papers. It’s a sure-fire way to keep it from blowing away.
  2. Get more work done in class. Instead of spending extra class time sleeping or being on your phone, use the time to work on assignments from other classes. The more you get done at school, the less you’ll have to do when you get home, and the more time you’ll have to be outside.
  3. Stay after school to work on homework. For less temptation, it can be easier to stay after school to get homework done. There are fewer distractions in the library, and sometimes no phone service, which can create an environment that will help get work done easier and quicker.
  4. Get your hands on some allergy medication. When the weather starts to heat back up during spring, allergies tend to flare up. If you take a walk down any store’s medicine aisle, you can easily find some sort of medication for your sinus ache or whatever it may be. Take the pills as directed, and it should be easier for you to be outside. If you refuse to take medication for almost everything like I do, then you’ll just have to suck it up and quit complaining.
  5. Set aside time to be outside each day. When the weather is especially nice, it’s not a bad idea to set a little time aside to go outside. It’s okay to push the homework to the back of your mind for a little while as long as you give yourself enough time to get it done.

Whether you choose to take any of these tips or come up with your own plan, spending a bit of time outdoors when the weather

Maggie Mackin
Maggie Mackin, Staff Writer
Maggie Mackin is a senior at EHS. She’s generally quiet unless she has something to say. She likes dogs, in particular the bigger breeds. Paramore and Fall Out Boy are her favorite bands, but she likes a ton more. The St. Louis Blues are her favorite hockey team but she likes the New York Rangers as well but doesn’t follow them too closely. She loves photography and writing which helped her on the decision to join the 2014-2015 yearbook staff and continue taking journalism classes. All she wants to do in life is take photos of dogs.