Practices begin for Biggest Competition of Year

Jack Vuagniaux, Staff Writer

EHS’s yearly “beauty” competition is a time for senior boys to strut their stuff and be crowned winner, as well as titled Mr. EHS.

With the sign-up sheets due last Thursday, each club and activity wishing to participate chose one representative to perform in the EHS auditorium on April 7. This representative is responsible for putting together an intro video, as well as preparing for different aspects of the competition. There are 27 clubs involved, according to senior and Student Council Vice-President Lulu Singh.

“One senior in each club is represented in the show where they compete in four categories: dancing, pick-up line, talent, and question and answer,” Singh said.

The first phase of the event, dancing, is determined by the event planners. Singh, who is in charge of teaching the dance, says it is a fusion of hip-hop and jazz.

Practices to learn the dance are every Tuesday and Thursday starting this week, according to contestant Cam Potter.

During the night of the contest, Singh will be backstage preparing the competitors.

“I make sure the guys are ready to go onstage, bring out props they may need, and support them as well,” She said.

Singh is most excited for the talent portion of the competition. Contestants can choose any talent they want, within reason, and show their humor, smarts or sport skills.

Senior Cam Potter is representing French Honor Society in the Mr. EHS competition.

“For my talent, I will be showing my expert taste in different brands of bottled water by reviewing them,” Potter said.

If Potter were to win, he would receive a cash prize.

“The winning person gets to pick a charity of their choice to donate half the money to,” Singh said. “The other half is for the club.”

Senior Dylan Burris, who is representing cheer in the competition, is not sure what to expect. He does, on the other hand, know how exciting the show will be. He plans to win by pleasing the crowd and using his personality.

“Basically, it’s a fun show where they (contestants) can compete to win money for their club while showing off talents and entertaining the audience,” Singh said.