The Tiger Tour Comes Back to EHS

Hannah Wente, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Everyone knows about the EHS fan sections at football and basketball games. Students cheer, throw confetti and hold up cutouts of the player’s faces, but something the other sports get ignored. Student Council is setting out to fix that with the Tiger Tour.

The Tiger Tour consists of four events from Feb. 4 to 11, a girls basketball game, a swim meet, a band concert and a boys basketball game at Alton.

The goal of the Tiger Tour is to get students out to more games that they might not normally attend.

“The point is to allow students to experience the different types of events we have to offer at our school,” Student Council Officer Henry Lu said.

The Tiger Tour increases the number of fans at games that are typically less attended by the general student body.

“It’s definitely a boost in attendance for those specific sporting events,” Lu said.

This is the first year that a band concert, a non-sporting event, has been included in the Tiger Tour.

“We are including a band concert in hopes that once people see how amazing our band is that they will attend them more often a well as our other events,” senior Claire Ebert, who heads Orange Rush, said.

To motivate students even more, souvenirs will be given out at each game. These include pomp oms, rally towels, drawstring bags and sunglasses. They will all be EHS themed and feature the signature orange and black.

“They are also all school-related so hopefully they hang on to the items and bring them to future EHS events,” senior Nickie Cashdollar said.

The Tiger Tour is part of Orange Rush, which also heads the fan sections at the football and basketball games.

Its overall goal is to increase spirit throughout the school. In the past, it’s given out prizes at assemblies and thrown confetti at football games. Ebert has run the Tiger Tour for the past two years.

“It is a lot easier compared to the first time I ran a Tiger Tour. Micheal Taplin and Hannah Griffin have also started to help me run it which is a big help. They are slowly learning how to run a Tiger Tour,” Ebert said.

Ebert hopes that the Tiger Tour will continue into the future. Student Council has plans to execute it again in the spring next year.

“It’s a great feeling to see the entire school body come together for events like these. We don’t just feel like a school, but like a team,” Stuco Officer Tom Webb said.