‘Tis the Season for Brand New Make-up

Who doesn’t enjoy the holiday season? As it approaches, special gift sets and limited edition make-up become available at your local beauty store.

Ulta, Sephora and Beauty Brands participate in this holiday tradition. Those stores sell loads of the high-end make-up brands such as Too Faced, Tarte, and Urban Decay. Gift sets start to appear around the beginning of November. The sets usually include miniature versions about half the size of the expensive full-size items.

Not every store sells the exact same brands of make-up, but each one sells a good variety. The brand Too Faced sells lip glosses titled “melted lip glosses” that hold extreme color pigmentation and high-quality. The price of one falls around $22. However, in their holiday gift set, you get four mini lip glosses for $20 at Beauty Brands. This well-known brand also carries the La Belle Carousel gift set. The packaging is in the shape of a carousel. Containing a mixture of eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers, and mascara for only $49 compared to the value price of $282, this gift set will sell out faster than you can say the work makeup.

Limited edition make-up is also quite popular during this time. Certain sets might include colors with special season-themed names and holiday packaging. How the item is designed on the outside is what especially draws in people’s attention. Appealing colors will definitely attract the eye.

Philosophy, a beauty line that contains lotions and other face products, comes out with limited edition scents such as “Christmas Cookie,” “Peppermint Bark” and “Snow Angel” for their body washes.

As a kid, everyone had those advent calendars with chocolate inside when you open the door for each day in December. Benefit Cosmetics decided to show their creative side by revealing an advent calendar with make-up rather than chocolate. While it’s on the pricey side at $99, you receive smaller versions of their 25 top products; it’s well worth the money.

Why not surprise someone you know with a special make-up gift set this Christmas? You won’t regret it, and they’ll most likely love you forever.

Ashlynne Kaliher
Ashlynne Kaliher, Staff Writer
Ashlynne Kaliher is a senior at EHS. She enjoys adventuring with her friends on the weekends and reading books every once in a while. Her favorite subject in school is Journalism, of course. Writing and fashion are Ashlynne’s two greatest passions in life. Writing is something that will always follow her, and she plans on pursuing a career in writing at some point in the future. Fashion is important to her because it can be used to express your personality. Ashlynne lives by the saying “Everything happens for a reason.” She tries to enjoy the little things because life is short, so why not?