Oh My God, Here Come More Plays

The annual EHS thespian show took our school by surprise with two comedies and one heart-wrenching drama on Aug. 29.

“We’ve been working on picking plays since April. We had to pick scripts and cast.” senior Shelby  Felchlin said.

Felchlin directed the first play, “Oh My God, Its Another Play”- a comedy about a theater rehearsal and revamping of shows. It showed the process of rehearsals and some of the crazy directions they get from peers and directors alike while keeping the atmosphere light and happy.

The second show was called “The Other Room.” This play was about all the challenges an autistic teen may face; such as talking to people, thinking clearly but having such a fast thought process.

“I make people mad a lot,”  junior Kevin Conelly said during his performance. “One time my mother said ‘Austin if you don’t cut it out I swear I’ll pack you up and send you to the loony bin.”

“The Other Room” had the audience in silence at the end as the autistic boy gets threatened by a football player.

The final play of the thespian show, “The Wedding Story”, another comedy, was about a mother trying to tell her daughter a fairy tale but the characters contradict the fairy tale and say it’s not real. Which lead to the love story being told in a much more realistic manner.

“Oh My God, It’s Another Play” had the audience nodding in agreement to how and realistic it was “The Other Room” had the audience dumbfounded and in tears and “The Wedding Story” had the audience laughing again.

“All of the plays were wonderful, you laughed and cried and then ended up laughing again.” junior Kelly George said.

Caitlin Rutz
Caitlin Rutz, Culture Editor
Caitlin Rutz is a senior at Edwardsville High School and is ready to make the best of this year. While most of her time is spent speaking in German just for the fun of it, the rest of her time is spent reading and writing in Journalism. She is ecstatic to finally be an editor this year and plans to make the most of it. She is happily planning her future out and taking it one step at a time with a stable head on her shoulders. When she isn't practically living in the Journalism room, she holds many conversations in German with her best friend Sam Jueckstock.