1D Takes St. Louis in the Right Direcion

You could feel the suspense waiting for One Direction to perform at the Edward Jones Dome on Aug. 27. The venue was completely sold out with roughly 65,000 people.

All ages appeared: teenage girls, teenage boys, and adults. The screams from 65,000 energized fans were completely ear-piercing (Those expecting to leave with their hearing intact were unbelievably mistaken).

Jamie Scott, the lead act, whom I had previously never heard of, did an incredible job playing his few acoustic songs; he really had the crowd going wild with his attractive voice, and of course, attractive face. Scott sang a couple songs from his upcoming album “My Hurricane,” such as “Unbreakable” and “Gold.” He actually wrote two of One Direction’s biggest songs “Story of My Life” and “More Than This.”

Lights start to dim, the crowd starts to scream and BAM, One Direction pops out on stage. Their opening song was “Midnight Memories,” a hit from their headlining album Where We Are Now.

With each song the crowd got more and more rambunctious. “What Makes You Beautiful,” their very first hit single and most popular song by far, was the best song of the night with the audience bursting out every lyric like they had heard it a million times. That song made them what they are today.

Not only did they sing with as much energy as possible, but they also let the crowd jump in to sing a few verses as they yelled “Finish the song St. Louis!”

After an hour and a half of performing they took a break to change clothes and get hydrated. Harry Styles ventured out wearing a St. Louis Rams’ jersey, which got the crowd fired up.

There was never a boring moment from the second they appeared on stage to the second it was over. Compared to the other eight concerts I’ve attended, this concert was hands-down one of the best.

Sad to see the night coming to an end, small crowds started exiting the building to avoid the madness that would soon follow. If you ask me, One Direction is definitely headed in the right direction with their music career.

Ashlynne Kaliher
Ashlynne Kaliher, Staff Writer
Ashlynne Kaliher is a senior at EHS. She enjoys adventuring with her friends on the weekends and reading books every once in a while. Her favorite subject in school is Journalism, of course. Writing and fashion are Ashlynne’s two greatest passions in life. Writing is something that will always follow her, and she plans on pursuing a career in writing at some point in the future. Fashion is important to her because it can be used to express your personality. Ashlynne lives by the saying “Everything happens for a reason.” She tries to enjoy the little things because life is short, so why not?