“Into The Storm” Breezing Into Theaters

The 1996 film “Twister” starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton shook people at the suspense of a massive tornado flattening whole towns. Now a new tornado movie storms in, furthering peoples’ worries.

“Into the Storm” takes place in a small town called Silverton where all the townspeople are getting ready for a normal high school graduation. They do not know, however, that the weather will take an unexpected and deadly turn.

Many less prominent actors play main roles in this film. Richard Armitage, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Sarah Wayne, Callies and Matt Walsh star in the movie.

In the beginning, everything seems irrelevant until everything starts to tie together. It starts by showing different clips of home videos made by amateurs getting ready on the day of the storm and what their daily lives are like.

Each character has a different lesson to teach the audience. Pete, played by Walsh, shows people that your job does not always need to come before everything. Gary, played by Armitage, shows viewers that although things happen, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and all the characters show that you never know when your last day will be.

This movie had viewers crying one minute and holding on to the edge of their seats the next; the perfect mix of emotions all fit into just 89 minutes. With twists and turns throughout the movie, there is no doubt that viewers will be on an emotional rollercoaster form beginning to end.

Eden Coppersmith
Eden Coppersmith, Staff Writer
Eden Coppersmith is a junior at Edwardsville High School. Her favorite subject is, of course, journalism. She likes to watch movies with her family, go to concerts and play sand volleyball on the weekends with her friends. Eden loves music and her favorite thing to do is go to concerts. The best concert she has ever been to was the Story So Far. Eden wishes to go to college somewhere far away but close enough to home so she does not need to get on a plane. She wishes to pursue Journalism in college and hopefully finding a career in journalism as well.