‘Turtles’ Return At A Fast Pace

In 1984 a worldwide phenomenon was born by two comic book artists who had no idea exactly they were creating. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been famous and loved by people all around the world for more than three decades.

This famous quartet all began in 1984 as a comic book that eventually turned into a TV show that ran from 1987-1996. In 1991 another spin-off of the Turtles was made and two years later a sequel followed.

The 2014 film added a little spin to the classic making it more exciting than ever.

The director of the movie is Jonathan Liebesman. Liebesman does an amazing job on keeping the Turtles the same but changing them enough to appeal to all ages. The actors help make the movie what it is.

Megan Fox plays the beautiful April O’Neil, pulling it off despite her new plastic surgery. Pete Ploszek plays Leonardo, the blue turtle. If you are expecting to hear Ploszek’s voice you are out of luck. Unlike any of the other turtles, Leonardo gets a different actor to be his voice. Luckily he got the voice of the star of “Jackass,” Johnny Knoxville.  Raphael is played by Alan Ritchson, Donatello by Jeremy Howard and Michelangelo by Noel Fisher. Whoopi Goldberg plays her role very well. Although her part is small she makes a lasting impression which is not surprising in the least bit.

All the actors in the movie played their parts better than expected. While watching the movie the audience gets more and more drawn into making it harder and harder to detach them from the movie. The way the turtles are shown and how life-like they are is astonishing. At times it is hard to even remember that they are fake computer animated turtles because of how real they look.

Overall the movie was absolutely amazing in every aspect of the word. The quartet will draw viewers in, no matter what age. It is an outright must-see!

Eden Coppersmith
Eden Coppersmith, Staff Writer
Eden Coppersmith is a junior at Edwardsville High School. Her favorite subject is, of course, journalism. She likes to watch movies with her family, go to concerts and play sand volleyball on the weekends with her friends. Eden loves music and her favorite thing to do is go to concerts. The best concert she has ever been to was the Story So Far. Eden wishes to go to college somewhere far away but close enough to home so she does not need to get on a plane. She wishes to pursue Journalism in college and hopefully finding a career in journalism as well.