Students Dress To Impress At Atlantis

Every year at EHS, Student Council thinks of new ideas when they are planning the Homecoming dance. New themes, new music and new decorations. But Student Council is not the only ones that bring something new to the table. The students bring their new styles.

When the night has finally arrived, students come to the Homecoming dance dressed differently than years past.

The most common style dresses for the ladies this year were peplum and high-low dresses.

The upcoming and in-style peplum dresses have a short overskirt or ruffle attached at the waistline of the dress.

The style is definitely different from the typical poofy princess dresses but was favored by most girls.

“I really like the way peplum dresses fit my body shape,” sophomore Kyndal Ward said. “Plus I wanted something different than my dress last year and that style was the perfect choice.”

High-low dresses or “mullet dresses” made their debut in the fashion world this year.

Here the skirt or dress usually ends at the person’s knees in the front, but slants and ends at the person’s feet in the back.

“I love high-low skirts and dresses,” sophomore Aaliyah Box said. “It’s definitely different and it can work for anybody.”

Many boys also changed it up by wearing festive bow ties and suspenders.

Junior Jordan Harris was fond of the change. “Usually I wear the regular ties and it was getting plain and boring so I thought I’d change it up a bit,” Harris said. “I really liked the change I made.”

“Wearing suspenders is something that a lot of seniors do,” senior Adam Seals said. “It was just something fun to do for my last Homecoming.”

With their bold eye for fashion, students like to add changes to their style for the dance. After all, it is a new school year and a chance to try new things.

Cristina Rivera-Bosques
Cristina Rivera-Bosques, Editor-in-Chief
Cristina Rivera-Bosques is a senior at Edwardsville High School and is the Co Editor-in-Chief for the Tiger Times and The Claw.  She enjoys shopping, reading intriguing articles, and listening to Beyoncé.  Her favorite class at school is Journalism 2 of course, as well as any writing-intensive courses.  She works at The Cup and at the St. Louis Zoo. Visit her, and maybe she'll give you a free cupcake. She hopes to be successful enough to double major in Journalism and Psychology at Indiana University Bloomington or the University of Missouri. Enjoy reading through the site!