“Insidious 2” Falls Short to Expectations

“Insidious 2” is directed by James Wan and is rated PG-13. The main character, Patrick Wilson did a phenomenal job, as well as Rose Bryne.

The plot of the story was intriguing, as was the complexity of the story line.  You had to try to put all the different stories together.  “Insidious 2” is about the Lambert family that moves to get away from the supernatural events that have been occurring in their lives. They soon come to find out that it isn’t the house that is haunted, but the father, Josh, played by Patrick Wilson.

The family goes through a series of traumatic events to try to have their normal lives back.  Long story short, someone is possessed by a demon trying to be a living person.

However, in order to understand this movie you need to have watched the first “Insidious.”

This movie was also very predictable.  The scary music gave away what would happen next. I didn’t find it as scary as the first one because I knew every time something “scary” was going to happen.

There were parts I enjoyed, however.  This movie made you laugh and scared in less than a minute separation.  I give props to the director for being able to have such a quick turnaround of emotion.

This is a cliché scary movie that has the same story plot as the first movie.

“Insidious 2” was better than a majority of movie sequels, but it still proves that you just can’t continue a movie and expect it to be just as good as the first.

Thrilling and suspenseful, I give “Insidious 2” a three star review.  I would recommend it due to the fact that it was a well-directed film.

Lauren Corby
Lauren Corby, Staff Writer
Lauren Corby is a senior at Edwardsville High School. She enjoys spending her time playing volleyball and softball. Lauren is headed to University of Arkansas Pine Bluff on a volleyball/academic scholarship and later hopes to pursue a nursing career. She loves coffee, cream soda and anything edible. Lauren is addicted to working out. She loves Journalism 2 because Mrs. Thrun is the teacher and because of all the awesome people.  She cannot wait to head to college next fall.