Concerts to Sound Through St. Louis

It’s not uncommon for a student from Edwardsville to complain about how “boring” it is to live in the St. Louis area. One activity that keeps all of us buzzing, however: concerts.

With the new tour season approaching this fall, there are a few big shows that you need to keep on your entertainment radar. There’s definitely a little something for everyone coming in October.

If it’s a hard rock vibe that you crave watch out for “Nine Inch Nails” (Oct. 1), “Barenaked Ladies” (Oct. 11) and “Taking Back Sunday” (Oct. 31).

As for hip-hop fans, there’s no shortage of artists in that genre either. The “mainstream” artists in the area will be Drake and Miguel who will be doing a show together on Oct. 8. The only setback to that show is that it’s on a Tuesday, so you might have to prepare for a long day at school the following day.

If you like your music with its own unique style, I highly suggest catching “Twenty One Pilots” (Oct. 18), “Paramore” (Oct. 30) and “City and Colour” (Oct. 27) who will all be making their own stops in the STL.

For all you country boys and girls, I’m sorry, but October is not your month. Might I suggest instead checking out Sara Bareilles who will be taking the stage October 18.

Ticket prices vary with the quality of seats, but most of the shows have tickets starting as low as $25 each. Be sure to buy your tickets as soon as possible, as many of the shows mentioned are expected to sell out.

With all the talent coming to St. Louis, there’s no excuse for anyone to be complaining about being bored this October. Unless, of course, you only listen to country music.

Harrison Gorden
Harrison Gorden, Staff Writer
Harrison Gorden is a senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys working out, writing music and playing basketball, golf and tennis. He intends on attending a university in Southern California, and pursuing a career as a musician/actor. Although, if his dreams don’t play out, he will pursue a career in the business field. He is a passionate Illini and Chicago fan, and loves to argue. He also dreams of having a pet monkey and a bear habitat one day. Give him a read!