A Good Dessert is A Better Day

As I walked through the hallway, something felt strange. “What a cute blouse,” I thought aloud as an upperclassmen passed me in the opposite direction. Thinking nothing of it, I continued on until another student passed me up. “What a cute blouse.”

Déjà vu befuddled me right then in the haze of early morning. Was that the same student with the same, cute blouse? Before my confusion infinitely perpetuated, someone shouted “It’s Twinkie Day!” across the hall, and my world made sense.

Twinkie Day is the one of the few chances for someone and his or her twinkie to wear the same outfit without the social embarrassment of wearing the same outfit. To kick off Red Ribbon Week, EPIC employed this fun day to remind students to remain drug free.

Sophomores Henry Lu and Samay Gupchup participated by wearing their EHS math team shirts.

“I wanted to show spirit,” Lu said, “and I wanted to support being drug free.” Gupchup added, “We’re good friends, so we decided, ‘hey, why not be twinkies?’”

Some students routinely dress the same every so often, like junior Brydon Groves-Scott and senior Iain Perry. Twinkie Day just happened to fall on “Char-Monday,” the occasional Monday when the two students wear a t-shirt with the Pokemon “Charmander” on it.

If you saw a group of 10 girls in white tops and blue jeans, it was not merely a coincidence. Organized by Senior Holly Thompson, she and her friends supported sobriety in pure white.

“I figured it was easy to do. Everyone has a white top and blue jeans,” Thompson said. “It’s a nice way for all of us to try and support [Red Ribbon Week] without getting too complicated.”

To Thompson and seniors Megan Wilburn, Rachel Wasmansky, Hannah McLaughlin, Alison McDaniel, Rachel Jackson, Sarah Link, Elizabeth Hill, Hannah Webbert and Ashley Nelson, yes—we saw, we knew and we applauded your fashion statement

It was a much celebrated day of EPIC’s Spirit Week, and student’s should look forward to Friday’s Orange and Black Day.