Disney+ Easily Outshines Netflix

Katelyn Harris, Staff Writer

Disney princesses, shows, movies, all now in one place.

That’s right. You can access almost all of your favorite Disney classics in one spot with Disney’s

streaming service: Disney+.Disney+ launched in November of 2019, and while there were and are some bugs in the

system, the streaming service was and is thriving.

Disney+ now has 28.6 million subscribers according to The New York Times.

Netflix’s standard account, which allows you to stream on two devices at a time, is $12.99 a

month while Disney+, which allows you to stream on four devices at a time, is only $6.99 a

month or $69.99 a year.

You can also get the bundle with Hulu that includes Hulu with ads, ESPN and Disney+ for

$12.99 a month.

If you’re looking for something with more variety, however, Netflix is still the way to go, for now

at least.

Disney+ has almost every Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movie ever created. The

Simpsons and National Geographic are also available on the streaming service.

Like Netflix, Disney+ also has originals such as High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

and The Mandalorian and they plan to continue to release more.

Netflix still beats Disney+ however when it comes to the amount of titles offered. Netflix offers

about 6,000 movies/shows while Disney+, so far, only offers about 700.

This is suspected to change though as Disney+ continues to grow as a streaming service.

Another big difference is that Netflix offers more variety when it comes to their titles, such as R

rated movies.

Disney+ is the way to go if you’re looking to watch nostalgic Disney movies or watch Disney

animations with your kids.

Regardless, Disney+ is an affordable way to watch your all time favorite Disney movies and

shows.