Boys’ Basketball Heads to State

It’s been a long time coming (57 years to be exact), but it’s finally here and the Tigers are ready for it. EHS’s boys’ basketball team has finally returned to the stage of big league games.

This year’s team heads into the final act of their post season with a record of 30-2-0 and is looking to win the next two games to be crowned champions.

The first game will be played tonight against LincolnshireHigh School at 8:15.

If the Tigers win tonight, they will play in the championship game tomorrow night at 8:15 against the winner of the Maywood-Chicago game. However, if the Tigers lose, they will play at 6:30 Saturday night against the loser of the Maywood-Chicago game.

Fans are invited to tune in to watch the game on channel 8 or 224 (depending on your local cable provider).

If you don’t want to stay at home though, the Wildey Theater in Edwardsville on Main Street will be showing the game tonight. Doors open at 7:30 and is free of charge.

Connor Wright
Connor Wright, Sports Editor
Connor Wright is a Senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys playing soccer for EHS as well as writing for the Tiger Times in Journalism 2. Connor was born on May 9,1996 and has matured into a spontaneous young man. He plans to pursue a double major in journalistic writing and Biblical Studies with a minor in Spanish. He is looking at colleges right now and perfers to attend a Christian university such as Liberty University, Union, or Wake Forest. He enjoys the company of his friends and family.