Smells Like Senior Spirit

EHS+students+wear+Hawaiian+attire+to+the+Edwardsville+vs.+OFallon+football+game+on+Sept.+18.+

Devin Kane

EHS students wear Hawaiian attire to the Edwardsville vs. O’Fallon football game on Sept. 18.

CJ Carpenter, Staff Writer

This year’s seniors are responsible for a wild assortment of spirit days this year.

Spirit week, October 12-16 this year, is always a student favorite at EHS, events and dress-ups abound. This year, “theme days” have been popular among students on days with football away games, the first theme of which has been Hawaiian.

Senior student council officer Claire Ebert is in charge of Orange Rush and is responsible for deciding dress-up themes. However, she isn’t alone.

“A lot of senior boys help me, along with the student council people,” she said. “I don’t think of everything by myself.”

Ebert accepts help from anyone with ideas, a few of which being a denim day, camo day, and America day. “Theme days are more for away games, to incite people to come,” she said.

Senior Clayton Schneider, another Stuco officer, helps with the process.

“After asking some of the faces of Orange Rush, we bring the ideas to student council and get a vote going on,” Schneider said.

Ebert has also expressed interest in dressing up on weekdays other than Friday. “It would be really cool,” she said. “It would just be harder to get people to participate.”

Picking themes is satisfactory for Ebert. “My favorite thing about being in this position is seeing all the people cheering at sporting events,” she said. “It really helps the team.”

Ebert encourages everyone to attend the Tiger Prowl and subsequent football game this Friday, the theme of which will be a black-out.