Faculty Finds New Focus For Force

Miranda Lintzenich, Life Editor

To many students that attended EHS last year, Anderson Task Force was a familiar term. The group’s purpose was to challenge the whole school to raise a certain amount of funds throughout the school year.

With the start of the new school year, administration wanted the group to turn over a new leaf. Donating to Anderson is a good cause, however giving to a new cause seemed to come up in conversation.

Junior Todd Schulz has become a popular name after he introduced the “Paint The Town Gold Project” at board meeting last year. The project itself started this past month in honor of Pediatric Cancer Research. Over the past few weeks, Schulz has successfully hosted a fair, a 5k, dining events, and shopping events.

Mrs. Chrumbacher and a few choice students decided that they would create a small group to help continuing the raise of funds throughout the whole school year, instead of only one month.

“The Task Force’s job is to make sure people are informed about the events coming up to raise money,” senior Nickie Cashdollar said. “The more people know about the event, the more money we’ll raise. We are also in charge of getting a group of students together to help if another organization needs it.”

Cashdollar is one of the few students on the force, along with senior Thomas Webb, and juniors Sadie Starwalt-Cook, Maddy Foster, Amanda Gunderson, and Mary Webb.

“Our goal isn’t to have fundraisers; it’s to encourage different clubs and organizations at the school to come up with and do their own fundraisers,” Mary said. “We help advertise their events and sometimes give ideas on what they can do to make money.”

As well as giving the group a new focus, the group is starting to reach students through social media, including twitter. The goal is to get the word out about different events and coming together towards one uniform cause.

“We just want to reiterate that the best way to raise money is to spread the word,” Cashdollar said. “So, if people could follow the twitter account, @EHS_taskforce, and truly spread the word for all of the upcoming events, it will make every fundraiser that much more successful.”

Overall, the task force members believe that the club could not stand where it is without the help of administration.

“We would not be able to do any of this without the help of Mrs. Chrumbacher,” Mary said. “She helps us stay organized and makes sure to hear what everyone has to say.”