EHS Students Throwdown for Title of Mr. EHS

On March 27, 25 junior and senior boys of EHS will compete to win the crown of Mr. EHS.  This competition has the boys learn a group dance that they all do together in the beginning and then proceed to show everyone in the audience with their talent.
“There are several categories that are scored to find the winner. These include a group dance, pick-up lines, a short video, a talent and a round of questions,” junior StuCo member Clayton Schneider explained.
The boys were nominated by a club to represent them but not all clubs are for boys. The girl’s Field Hockey team decided to participate and nominated senior Zain Pyarali.
Some may think that the judging would be biased considering everyone involved goes to or is a faculty member of EHS right? Wrong. The judges are students from different schools so the voting remains fair and unbiased.
EHS has been advertising Mr. EHS for a month or so around school with posters and even showing mini clips in the morning announcements. Shawn Semmler, who is competing for the title, has been making the videos.
The EHS Key Club and FLS Helpers Club will have two competitors, Tyler Mackey and William Hein. Mackey will be singing a song from the musical “Phantom of the Opera” and Hein will be showing his comedic side.
“It would mean the world to me if I won the title of Mr. EHS,” Mackey said when expressing his excitement for the pageant.
Representing the EHS football team, senior Tommy Maxwell will be competing and dancing as his talent.
“I am more excited than anything because this is my last time performing on the stage so it means the world to me. I will miss it,” Maxwell said. He is participating in the pageant so he can help represent the EHS football team just one last time before he graduates.
The pageant is a fun way for all different groups of boys to humiliate themselves and make the crowd laugh as well as winning the title of Mr. EHS and earn money for a charity of their choice, their club, two free prom tickets and $150 cash. The boys will be performing at the EHS auditorium at 7, so don’t miss it.

Eden Coppersmith, Staff Writer
Eden Coppersmith is a junior at Edwardsville High School. Her favorite subject is, of course, journalism. She likes to watch movies with her family, go to concerts and play sand volleyball on the weekends with her friends. Eden loves music and her favorite thing to do is go to concerts. The best concert she has ever been to was the Story So Far. Eden wishes to go to college somewhere far away but close enough to home so she does not need to get on a plane. She wishes to pursue Journalism in college and hopefully finding a career in journalism as well.