Fall For Fall

The fall season can be seen as a killjoy to students because it brings about the end to summer and the dreaded start of school. But when the leaves begin to change color and the weather starts to get a little colder, people begin to see the bright side of fall.

When the weather gets colder, students take the opportunity to light up the night with bonfires. Add some marshmallows, soda and good friends and a good time will be had. One senior took advantage of the colder-weather to watch the World Series in style.

Sam Watts gathered close friends around a bonfire and watched the series on a projector outside. “It was really cool to be able to do that,” Watts said. “I had some close friends come together to have a good time while we watched the Cardinals blow the World Series.”

Even though a St. Louis fall highlight resulted in an embarrassment, there’s still much to look forward to in the season.

Many students, like senior Stephanie Gaytan, look forward to fall throughout the year. “This is my favorite time of year because it’s fall still, but there’s so much anticipation for the upcoming holidays.”

Even though fall brings the start of school, it also brings the excitement that comes with high school football games – especially during postseason.

“I love going to the games,” senior Connor Cunningham said. “I go all out and show my school pride. It’s one of my favorite times of the school year. And now that we’re into postseason, it just gets me that much more excited.”

No matter how you look at fall, it still brings joy to some students. The colder weather and the changing scenery is a welcome refresher after the hot summer days. Have fun with it.

Connor Wright
Connor Wright, Sports Editor
Connor Wright is a Senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys playing soccer for EHS as well as writing for the Tiger Times in Journalism 2. Connor was born on May 9,1996 and has matured into a spontaneous young man. He plans to pursue a double major in journalistic writing and Biblical Studies with a minor in Spanish. He is looking at colleges right now and perfers to attend a Christian university such as Liberty University, Union, or Wake Forest. He enjoys the company of his friends and family.