Take a Journey to Atlantis

Walking into EHS and seeing bubbles, jellyfish and even a mermaid, you might think you’d have wandered into some kind of dream, but you would be wrong.  You have entered EHS Homecoming 2013.

This year’s homecoming was an undersea wonderland filled with blues, greens and even jellyfish hanging from the ceiling.

Junior McKenna Medlin said, “My favorite part was walking into the tunnel. It was cool and neatly decorated.”

Freshman Will Bode said, “It [the gym] was a bit hectic, but I liked the decorations because they made everything kind of come together.”

Medlin also said that Student Council did an amazing job decorating the gym to look like the city of Atlantis and is looking forward to see what decorations they have for next year.

“I really loved the jellyfish and balloons,” junior Rachel Buckley said. “The entrance you walked through was incredible.”

With decorations going above and beyond, students agreed that homecoming lacked in only one way, the music.  Sophomore Maddie Litterst said, “Some songs were okay, but the lines dances and the two slower songs just didn’t work  (for me at least).”

Buckley agreed that the music was decent and that there were some songs that people really didn’t know how to dance to but most songs were good.

Overall homecoming is about being with friends and having a good time.  “I love the socializing and getting to know new people,” Litterst said.

Bode said that he was nervous but mostly excited for his first homecoming.  “I am looking forward to getting more friends together to go have fun and dance next year,” Bode said.  Everyone is always looking forward to making the next year better than the last.

Paige Schmittling
Paige Schmittling, Staff Writer
Paige Schmittling is a junior at Edwardsville High School.  She spends her time playing softball year-round and working out.  She hopes to attend Western Illinois University and play college softball and major in athletic training.  Paige loves listening to music and watching horror movies.  Paige joined the Journalism 2 staff because she loves Mrs. Thrun and writing. She enjoys going to Cardinals games and watching baseball.  Paige is very energetic and loves the company of her friends.