Tour de France? No! It’s The Tour de Grove!

Tuesday was the last day for seniors at EdwardsvilleHigh School. It was just like every other year, except something was missing – seniors’ cars.

In an attempt to get the senior class of 2013 to come together one last time, seniors Prakash Kandula, Tyler Goldammer, Will Collins and Nick Ferrari began planning during sixth hour on Monday. The students bounced ideas off of one another until they came to the conclusion of the Tour de Grove.

“We really wanted one last even where the senior class could come together before we left the school,” Goldammer said. “We wanted to leave our mark on the school and the Tour de Grove was our way of doing that.”

Word of the Tour de Grove spread through texts, conversations in the hallway and over social media sites. “Twitter is a beautiful thing,” Goldammer said.

Seniors parked their cars at the AMC showplace at 6:45 a.m. and rode to school via bikes and scooters on Center Grove Road (hints the name Tour de Grove).

Over 100 seniors participated and were met with cheers and applause when they rolled into the high school parking lot. “The reactions we got were really positive,” participant Gabriel Msenge said. “Everyone was cheering us on and we even got some high-fives from the administrators.”

Junior Abbey Rasche was surprised to see all the bikes on the bike rack when she walked into the school. “I guess that I missed the part when they came into the parking lot, so I was confused when I saw all of the bikes and more than one student riding on a scooter through the hallways,” Rasche said. “It was really cool though.”

The seniors hope that the Tour de Grove is something that all of the future senior classes will try to keep alive.

For a quick view of the Tour de Grove click here.

Connor Wright
Connor Wright, Sports Editor
Connor Wright is a Senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys playing soccer for EHS as well as writing for the Tiger Times in Journalism 2. Connor was born on May 9,1996 and has matured into a spontaneous young man. He plans to pursue a double major in journalistic writing and Biblical Studies with a minor in Spanish. He is looking at colleges right now and perfers to attend a Christian university such as Liberty University, Union, or Wake Forest. He enjoys the company of his friends and family.