“Spring” Break Surprise

Some spring break plans were thwarted this year due to a freak snowstorm that occurred towards the beginning of break. The greater St. Louis area received 10 inches of snow, and gave many second thoughts about going outside.

The prospect of spring weather was shattered when snow began to fall the first Sunday of break. Spring is supposed to be the time when things begin to thaw out, but this year, things refroze.

“The snow really surprised me,” junior Erika Clark said. “My friends and I all wanted to hang out and do things outside, but the snow forced us to stay inside.”

Even though the snow was an unwelcome guest to most, some, like sophomore Noah Smith, took advantage of the late-coming snow.

“[The weather] wasn’t at all what I had expected for spring break,” Smith said. “Since we didn’t have that much snow earlier in the season, I was happy that I could make up for the time I didn’t get to play in the snow over break,” Smith said.

Still, some stuck to the spring break norm by going out of town for vacation.

Junior Sadie Pinnell went to Hawaii before the snow came down. “I left for Hawaii early Saturday morning, so I didn’t get to see any of the snowfall,” Pinnell said. “I didn’t believe my eyes when I got home and saw snow on the ground.”

No matter if you were here or not, the snow was a surprise. It forced many indoors and caused disbelief in others. Hopefully now, spring is on its way to kick winter out of the St. Louis area.

Connor Wright
Connor Wright, Sports Editor
Connor Wright is a Senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys playing soccer for EHS as well as writing for the Tiger Times in Journalism 2. Connor was born on May 9,1996 and has matured into a spontaneous young man. He plans to pursue a double major in journalistic writing and Biblical Studies with a minor in Spanish. He is looking at colleges right now and perfers to attend a Christian university such as Liberty University, Union, or Wake Forest. He enjoys the company of his friends and family.