Ready or Not Belleville, Here We Come!

Redemption is at hand tonight at 6. The Edwardsville Boys’ Basketball team gets a chance to beat the team that shattered their chance at a perfect season. Edwardsville’s record of 19-1 puts them at 5th place in the state, one place ahead of the self-titled “B-Easts” (Belleville East). 

Earlier this season, the Lancers got lucky when they defeated the Tigers with a score of 55-48.

Junior Sean Connelly is confident that the boys will come ready to play. “They know that they have a reputation to keep, so they’ll come out and overpower Belleville [East],” Connelly said.

Come out to Belleville East High School and watch the Tigers pounce, and redeem their reputation as the “Premiere High School in the state of Illinois.”

Be prepared to lose your voice and go crazy in support of your school as the Tigers prove that the game earlier this season was just a fluke.

Connor Wright
Connor Wright, Sports Editor
Connor Wright is a Senior at Edwardsville High School. He enjoys playing soccer for EHS as well as writing for the Tiger Times in Journalism 2. Connor was born on May 9,1996 and has matured into a spontaneous young man. He plans to pursue a double major in journalistic writing and Biblical Studies with a minor in Spanish. He is looking at colleges right now and perfers to attend a Christian university such as Liberty University, Union, or Wake Forest. He enjoys the company of his friends and family.