Take Back the Night

Tatiania Perry, Staff Writer

“I’m not going to cry. I’m not going to cry. I’m not….” Senior Danielle Bohannan chanted on her way up to the track for senior night.

We all knew that senior night would get emotional. This is the last time that we would be running at the Tiger Relays Invitational.

In general senior year is the year of lasts. Last homecoming, last winter break, last high school spring break and for the athletes the final time that we will compete at the school that essentially bred us.

I can honestly say that I didn’t really know how to run properly until I got here. This is where the magic happened and to say goodbye to my home away from home is heartbreaking.

Having the team that has been with me through it all made the experience that much harder.

The underclassmen made posters for all the seniors. They tried to get everyone on the team to sign or contribute in some way. I almost cried reading what my team had to say to me. I will truly miss them. Even though we are dramatic and we bicker, we are still a family.

“We have 21 days left here,” senior Jenna Krone said.

That is both exciting and the scariest thing she has ever said. I have gotten comfortable here I don’t know how I am with change because I’ve never really dealt with it.

Not running in college is a decision I have mulled over and over, but I think it’s the best choice for me. I don’t know what it will be like without that family around me.

I love my team and will miss them dearly. There will always be a special place in my heart for the.

Though senior night was supposed to be a happy day but it just seems to signify the end of what I hold most dear to me. It is time to grow and move on. I will miss this, but I am glad that I have the memories to last a lifetime.