The Struggle: Buying Jeans

Allison Stopka, Staff Writer

For decades, buying jeans has been one of the most tedious experiences known to women. While there are many different styles, finding the right pair of jeans is a rarity that I wish would happen to me more often than it does.

As much as I wish I had been born with the “perfect” hourglass body shape, I wasn’t, and buying jeans that actually fit me is one of the longest and most stressful adventures I can go on. While it could be argued that this is an extremely petty thing to complain about, teenage girls around the country can agree, finding jeans that fit sucks.

Many articles online and in magazines exist that explain the different body shapes and how to buy jeans based on what you look like. Although some girls swear by this, and won’t buy jeans that aren’t their “style,” I have found three brands of jeans that I feel can fit any body shape.  They all also come in many different styles, proving that you don’t have to be a size 00 to wear jeggings.

My favorite brand and style of jeans would be American Eagle high-waisted, skinny jeans. They stretch and fit my body in the right way, and I own at least six pairs. I recommend them to anybody that has trouble finding jeans. American Eagle is a great place to buy jeans because they have a large variety of different styles, washes, and fits, so it is fairly easy to find a pair that you can love. American Eagle also provides four lengths; short, regular, long, and extra-long.

Another brand that I love and would purchase any day is Express. They are fairly known for their “Denim Labs” and for good reason. All of my jeans from Express are high quality, they don’t wear down easily, they have an amazing stretch and fit, and they also come in an insane number of fits and washes. The only reason I can’t own all of their pairs of jeans is because they are a little pricey.

Speaking of pricey jeans that I love, the notorious Miss Me jeans is another brand that makes my jaw drop when I look at the price tag. Even though they are insanely expensive, I have to say that they are 100 percent worth the splurge. I have owned one specific pair since freshman year, and there is not a stitch coming out of place. The craftsmanship is well worth the price, and while their jeans are not at all stretchy, they fit extremely well, and again, Miss Me offers many different styles for everybody.

Although finding and buying jeans can be a stressful experience for all involved, once you find two or three brands that fit your body well, it can be slightly less torturous and a little more fun.