Rip Out Your Crazy Ensembles… Or Nah

A whole new spirit week has hit EHS: five days of crazy outfits, including pajamas, camo, twinkie attire, character costumes and tie-dye. They are fun. They are hilarious. They are…not participated in.

For those of you who jump at the idea of finding an outfit to wear with your best friend, I commend you, and this piece is not directed at you. It’s directed at the rest of you; those of you who sighed and rolled your eyes at the mention of dressing crazily. Newsflash: no one is too cool to celebrate a school spirit week.

Some schools are known for their thriving spirit weeks. You’re lame if you don’t dress up. While I scroll through my Instagram feed and find picture after picture of my friends from other schools, I can feel myself turning green—no, not into Hulk, but into the jealousy monster.

Spirit weeks are a chance to be creative. You are given a broad topic and you can take the costume in whatever direction you please. Your inner fashionista is trying to break free. Don’t hold him or her back.

YOGTHSO: You only go to high school once. You’re here for four years—some a little more, some a little less. Are you going to make the most out of it? Are you going to be involved? Will you jump at the opportunity of having a little fun? At the end of the day, it’s up to you. But consider this your fair warning; you may regret it if you don’t.

Hannah Thomas
Hannah Thomas, Views Editor
Hannah Thomas is a senior at Edwardsville High School and the Views editor for Tiger Times and The Claw. She loves blogging and photography along with her job at Edison's Entertainment Complex. Hannah enjoys country music and horror movies and is a fan of any novel by Nicholas Sparks. Being a member of Yearbook Club and National Honor Society, her goal is to leave one last mark on her school this year before going off to college. She hopes to be able to hold onto her tiger pride by attending the University of Missouri to major in journalism. Hannah hopes to make her senior year as memorable as possible and loves meeting new people. Get to know her!