Let’s Make It The Best Year Ever

You did it. You are finally here; senior year. Is it everything you expected?  I doubt it.

Let’s be honest. You were ready to go out every weekend with your friends and do totally awesome things together that you will remember the rest of your lives.

Instead it just feels like another mundane school year with more of an urge to get out of Edwardsville.  Or maybe you actually do awesome stuff every weekend with your friends, I praise you for that.

However, for the rest of us, it isn’t that easy.  There seems to be college essay after college essay, questionnaire after questionnaire, application after application; all must be done by a certain date so you are able to go to the college of your choice.

College. The closer it comes, the more students crave it.  Maybe it’s to have a different environment, start over with new people or even just achieve the sense of independence we hope to get from it.

Whatever it may be, it causes the common thing that students refer to as “senioritis.”  “Senioritis” is what makes students want finally be done with their classes and just move on with their lives.

In all of this, we seem to lose track of what senior year is all about.  It’s about being with our closest friends and having a great time because you don’t know when it will be your last.

It could be the last game of a sport, the last play you will host or the last time you will play your instrument in front of an audience.

So take that weekend to do awesome things with your friends, so that you can write about it in each other’s yearbooks that way you’ll be able to look back and remember the “good ol’ days.”  Whatever you choose to do, don’t take it for granted.

Lauren Corby
Lauren Corby, Staff Writer
Lauren Corby is a senior at Edwardsville High School. She enjoys spending her time playing volleyball and softball. Lauren is headed to University of Arkansas Pine Bluff on a volleyball/academic scholarship and later hopes to pursue a nursing career. She loves coffee, cream soda and anything edible. Lauren is addicted to working out. She loves Journalism 2 because Mrs. Thrun is the teacher and because of all the awesome people.  She cannot wait to head to college next fall.