Hypnotist Show to Mesmerize

Cierra Veizer, Sports Editor

The cheerleading team will be holding a “Comedy Hypnosis Show” fundraiser on Nov. 3.

The show will feature hypnotist William Mitchell in the EHS gymnasium at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.

Mitchell travels the country and performs “Clean Hypnosis Shows” for various events: high schools, bingo halls, state fairs and more. He has been practicing hypnosis for over 20 years. According to CleanHypnoShows.com, “His clean comedy shows since 1997 have made the audience the stars. William focuses on the audience and their enjoyment of the show. There is no monologue. There is no political humor. There is just fun and smiles.”

Tickets for the show are $10 in advance or $12 at the door. There is also a family pack available for $40, which includes four tickets, four bottles of water and four popcorns. Tickets can be bought from any EHS cheerleader or in the EHS commons from Oct. 22-26 from 10 a.m. to noon.

If you arrive by 6:15 p.m., you can volunteer to be hypnotized. If you’re under the age of 18, you must have a legal guardian sign a waiver if you wish to volunteer.

“I would volunteer because I think it would be cool, and I expect it to maybe work,” sophomore Amanda Mills said. “But I don’t know if people are faking it or actually are hypnotized.”

While some people may fake their hypnotized state, all are still welcome.

“It’s to raise money as a fundraiser for the cheerleaders instead of a bunch of small ones, so the money that we raise goes towards all the cheer teams, not each individual cheerleader,” senior Hope Shumake said.

So if you’re looking for something fun and unique to do next Saturday night, come and try something new with your friends and family to support the cheer team.