What’s New with the Broadcasting Crew?

Ryan Ash, Staff Writer

You think of them from the utterance of one phrase: “What’s poppin’ EHS?” Broadcasting Club has worked for years to provide EHS with video content, and they look forward to another successful year.

Aside from their main claim to fame, the EHS Morning Show, Broadcasting covers several other events, including football games, some soccer games, the Tiger Ambush Classic and graduation. This year, it hopes to broaden its responsibilities even more.

“We are planning on trying to expand the amount of events that we cover and move our stream to YouTube Live,” senior Jakob Schoberle said.

Leadership within the club is introducing a new system to prepare newer members for the coming years.

“Our plan is to create a more refined and set schedule of who will be both working behind the scenes and hosting the morning show on any given date,” senior Chris Lott said. “That way we can have a more experienced broadcasting member on set at any given time to teach the newer members how to effectively produce the morning show.”

Newer members in the club are also looking forward to the coming year.

“(Broadcasting) is super fun,” junior Julia French said. “I have made a few friends in the process. The previous anchors have really been nice and open to showing us how things work, and so have the other members who mainly focus behind the camera. Everyone is super nice and super fun to be around.”

Students can expect to once again be amused by otherwise humdrum announcements on Aug. 31, when the first EHS Morning Show is intended to be released.