Shake Your Tiger: Dancing with the Tigers Comes Back to EHS

Katy DeConcini, Culture Editor

Dancing with the Tigers is exactly what is sounds like: dancing with an EHS tiger.

Students have the opportunity to pair up with any other student representing a club or sport. The pair then choreographs a dance routine and performs it for fellow students. After many pairs perform, the audience votes on a favorite.

The event is hosted by National Honor Society, and fundraises for a local charity. This year an entrance fee of $3 will be charged to raise money. Half of the proceeds to the winning pair represented club and the other half goes to a charity. This year’s charity is Painting the Town Gold.

After its year long hiatus, this year’s group of leaders, seniors Shirin Patel and Claire Ebert, is ready to face the challenge head on.

“It can be stressful at times but with the help of Claire and our committee we have gotten the word out as much as we could and have tried to reach out to as many clubs as we can,” Patel said.

As for planning the event, Patel said that other than the basic logistics, advertising has been the main focus.

The committee members aren’t the only ones who have been preparing for this event, however. The performers have also needed to perfect their dances.

Senior CJ Carpenter paired with senior Ally Stopka will be representing yearbook at the event.

“Well, my good friend Ally and I have had the idea to dance to 90’s hip-hop songs at the show for a couple weeks now,” Carpenter said. “We went to Studio E to choreograph and practice everything; it’s been a smooth process, since [my partner] is very easy to work with. We got all our moves figured out in just one evening.”

After weeks of preparation, everyone involved has high hopes for the evening.

“My predictions or hopes for the turn out of this event is hopefully many people come and to raise as much money as we can for Painting the Town Gold and the winning club,” Patel said. “I hope the clubs that come out to the competition enjoy the night and we have fun for raising money for a great cause.”

Senior Emily Kolo served as a committee member for this event and is excited to see how all of the planning will play out.

“I think the event will go well. It will be a lot of fun and everyone should go,” Kolo said. “I think it’s great to be helping a charity and providing entertainment for students. I’m excited to see all the dances and am hoping that they all turn out great.”

Dancing with the Tigers will take place in A-gym on Thursday, April 7 at 7 p.m.