Bad Bunny Is Unapologetically Ferocious on ‘Nadie Sabe Lo Que Va a Pasar Mañana’

AP Images
Bad Bunny is embarking on a 47 date North American tour promoting his newest release.

International pop star Bad Bunny is back with his signature audacious style in his newest release Nadie Sabe Lo Que Va a Pasar Mañana.

Jam packed with 22 songs that extend over 80 minutes, this LP proves to the listener exactly why Bad Bunny is selling out stadiums and topping the charts: he knows how to make fun music.

The album was only announced four days before the release date via Instagram. Not following a standard album marketing path may seem risky, but for the Puerto Rican superstar, that path is not necessary. The album became the most streamed album on Spotify in a single day this year. This should not come as a surprise though, his previous album became the most streamed album of all time on the platform.

Bad Bunny knows that he has a lot to live up to. He opens the album with “NADIE SABE,” a Kanye West-esque statement on his success. Bad Bunny reflects on his stardom and comments on his loneliness as he assertively states “But nobody knows what it feels, feeling alone with a hundred thousand people.” 

The swelling orchestral notes soundtracking the pop star’s 6-minute-long razor sharp reflection of his fame makes for an exceptional opening track that sets the stage for Bad Bunny’s prose the rest of the LP.

Bad Bunny is taking no prisoners with Nadie Sabe Lo Que Va a Pasar Mañana. The instrumentation and lyricism on the LP prove that this is Bad Bunny’s trap record.

The Latin influenced trap on “FINA” submerges the listener in the mental nightclub the track is most definitely meant to soundtrack. Paired with the audacious lyrics, Bad Bunny is able to create genuinely fun tracks that create an engaging listening experience.

The lead single, “WHERE SHE GOES,” is a bass thumping trap anthem meant to soundtrack a late night drive to nowhere. The driving beat paired with the lonesome lyrics create the perfect statement of where Bad Bunny is at with his career.

The lyricism on the album is Bad Bunny’s most ferocious. Shameless and disgustingly witty, Bad Bunny is able to show his enfant-terrible charisma through sweat-soaked reggaetón. Each song delves into who Bad Bunny is as a persona. Through each song, we get more and more detached from the man behind the moniker, Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, and it makes the listener question the effects of fame on humanity and morale.

The length of the album itself could be seen as a flaw to some listeners. Relatively longer than other mainstream albums, most audiences only have 30 minutes to give an LP. It cannot be stressed enough, though, how exhilarating this record is. Each song kept the same top tier quality of instrumentation and lyricism. Bad Bunny is at his peak.

Bad Bunny improved on his past smash release, which may have seemed impossible a month ago. Delivering more Latin trap hits and letting the listener peek behind the curtain of the persona of Bad Bunny, he made a record that should become the paragon of modern reggaetón.

Owen Anderson
Owen Anderson, Staff Writer
Owen Anderson is a senior and a second-year journalism student. He is a second-year member of EHS Yearbook holding the position of co-managing editor. He plans to major in English on a pre-law track. In his free time, he enjoys listening to music, writing reviews for movies on Letterboxd and reading. One thing about Owen is that he has a blasé attitude about anything, yet has a strong opinion on everything, even topics he is not quite informed on.