Orchestra Seniors Play their Farewells

Jessica Fosse, Life Editor

Each year comes and goes seemingly quicker than the last. But each year is a new set of farewells to the graduating seniors for each club and activity. Appreciation for the orchestra seniors takes place at their final concert of the year known as their spring concert.

This year the spring concert is on May 11.

Orchestra director Victoria Voumard highlights the senior orchestra members by having them play a piece together during the concert.

Senior Maegen Brown is most excited to play the senior song “Take on Me” by a-ha.

“I love the song Mrs. Voumard chose.” Brown said “It’s a classic and my favorite. I feel like it’ll be a real bop for the crowd.”

As part of this concert Voumard read a biography of each senior as well as gives them a parting gift. Senior Ashlyn Dewitt made this year’s senior slideshow which is simple a compilation of photos and videos of the orchestra seniors.

As part of the concert, the Arian Award winner will be playing a solo accompanied by the symphonic orchestra. Senior Thomas Siganga won the award and will be playing Carmen Suite No. 1 by George Bizet. Next year’s Arian Award winner will be announced at this concert.

The way the winner is chosen is the orchestra members get to vote on a current junior. Voting is based on the criteria that the student has shown hard work for the orchestra.

The Arian Award song is played before the combined piece of An Irish Party in Third Class from the movie “Titanic.”

Senior Adrienne Kelley played with the concert orchestra and the symphonic orchestra for most of her senior year. She finds saying goodbye hard.

“I’m gonna miss playing with people every day who are just as inspired as I am.”