Final Season of ‘Parks and Recreation’ Added to Netflix

Hannah Wente, Co-Editor-In-Chief

“We can do anything, as long as we work hard enough and never sleep,” Leslie Knope (played by actress Amy Poehler) said. This might be what the cast and crew of “Parks and Recreation” had to do to produce seven seasons of the hit comedy show, the last of which came to Netflix yesterday.

This is the beloved character who has given memorable quotes like “I always carry emergency s’mores rations in my car” and “Why did it take me so long to realize this? There are no consequences to my actions anymore! I’m like a white male U.S. senator.”

“Amy Poehler is my favorite part about the show! She is also one of the reasons I started watching,” senior Ryley Miller said. “She plays the role of Leslie Knope so perfectly. I love all the characters, but Leslie Knope is my favorite.”

Miller has already watched the seventh season of “Parks and Recreation,” a comedy show that focuses on the lives of several parks department employees in a small town in Indiana. Amy Poehler plays Leslie Knope, an extremely dedicated civil servant.

For many students, this will be the first time they see the last season. Senior Melanie Mosby, a long-time fan, has waited over a year to watch the final season.

“I’m really excited and I’m planning on watching all I can this weekend,” she said.

Junior Hannah Nafziger, a newer fan, feels the same.

“I’m so hyped, especially because it ended up that as I’m finishing season six, season seven is being added, so I don’t even have to wait,” Nafziger said.

Nafziger was introduced to the show by English teacher Cara Lane.

“It’s kinda funny, I actually got into the show because Ms. Lane (my Honors American Lit teacher) loves it, and we’ve even watched it in class. Over winter break I started watching it and I couldn’t stop,” she said.

Ms. Lane said that she recommends Parks and Recreation often to her students.

“I think that it’s smart TV that’s hilarious, well-cast and well-executed,” she said.

Besides all the hype, the fact that it’s the last season is a source of some nervousness.

“[I’m] nervous. I’m just hoping the finale won’t be disappointing,” Mosby said.

But Miller promises that it won’t disappoint.

“I was definitely really sad it ended since it was my favorite show, “Miller said. “But I was happy with the way they chose to end it.”