‘Orange’ You Glad Orange Leaf Is In Town?

Better watch your step because you might run into yet another frozen yogurt store on the streets of Edwardsville.

Orange Leaf, the latest frozen yogurt establishment in Edwardsville, marks the fifth opening of a frozen dessert shop within the last five years in town. Since the trend began with the opening of Twist a few years ago, only a few have managed to withstand the pressure of being one of many tasty treats shops in a town of less than 30,000 people.

Another generic frozen yogurt business simply could not survive in this dog-eat-dairy town, but Orange Leaf, part of a chain of frozen yogurt shops, testifies to be a lasting fix to the frozen-yogurt lover’s appetite.

Stepping into this neo-retro parlor, the charm of it all sweeps you in. Cute, green couches hug the walls among tables and chairs with rounded corners seated low to the ground. High-tech televisions hang on the citrus-colored walls.

In the back of the shop, plenty of flavors of frozen yogurt are ready for consumption. The Orange Leaf in Edwardsville has 16 flavors at a time, and including rarities such as candy Apple and pumpkin pie—a particular favorite of many customers.

Consumers can mix and match and dare to swirl whatever combination of flavors they should desire. Once they have filled their cups with frozen yogurt, they can choose to top it off with a wide variety of toppings. Orange Leaf has candy, cookies, and syrups to drizzle on top.

Orange Leaf also has differently sized cups to fill with frozen yogurt. At most fro-yo places, this option is not available. Another unique advantage of Orange Leaf is the cup divider. In one cup, consumers can have up to three different flavors that don’t touch.

It’s easy to understand why students love Orange Leaf so much: it simply one-ups most other fro-yo places in Edwardsville. Sure, Tango is located off an entertainment complex, and Twist is right next to the high school, but those qualities alone are not enough to attract as many customers as Orange Leaf.

Orange Leaf is located off of Troy Road near 54th Street Bar & Grill.