The 2019 Senior Class Video: a Success Story

Ryan Stewart, Co-Editor-In-Chief

The first quarter went by fast. And to mark this occasion during the school assembly, each class had a video to share with the rest of the school. The assembly started with the freshmen class video and worked its way up to the most anticipated one The senior class video. And this year, the senior class outdid themselves.

The video featured the senior class singing an EHS themed parody of Dr. Dre’s “Still D.R.E.” and was filled to the brim with themes revolving around, yep you guessed it: EHS.

“I wanted to go old school,” senior Stuco President Patrick Driscoll said. “Looking at some of my favorite senior videos, the best ones were to the tune of songs that have stood the test of time. ‘Still D.R.E.’ is a classic and is easily recognized with its iconic piano sound.”

The video opened with Senior Talia Holmes playing Beethoven’s “Für Elise.” However, it quickly switches with Senior Class President Joey Lu sliding in and introducing the instrumentals of “Still D.R.E.” with a small dose of self-deprecation following in the form of an allusion to the class’ previous 2.1 GPA.

“We included 2.1 because it’s hilarious that our class had a 2.1 gpa,” Lu said. “I think that 2.1 is a staple part of the class of 2019. It’s like our unique thing.”

Driscoll opened up the beginning of the song with a verse about what it’s like to be a senior, a shout out to the black and orange spirit section as well as Senior Megan Silvey, and a joke about Crocs. And if that wasn’t enough, they followed it right up with an impressive chorus.

The chorus about Dr. Cramsey, being the first millennial class of the 2000’s and living in a state with a copious amount of corn was introduced by Dionte Rodgers.

The rest of the video follows the same formula, with shout outs to athletics, academics, various clubs and a lot of talk about recognizable brands, as well as a cameo from EHS legend Tammy.

“I just want to say that the class of 2019 is absolutely amazing,” Lu said, “I’ve had an amazing time serving them and I just want to keep seeing us improve.”