Tiger Den Enters its Second Year, Bringing New Faces & Items

Ava Fehrmann, Staff Writer

As the school year begins, a student’s amount of sleep slowly decreases, and the caffeine intake and lack of time for breakfast seems to increase.  Lucky for you, the Tiger Den has got you covered.

The Tiger Den will being continuing into the 2017-2018 school year, after making its debut last year.

“It did amazingly well last year and the parents, teachers, and students were so involved, that there was no question it was going to continue,” said Mrs. Converse, the primary teacher involved with the Tiger Den.

The Tiger Den started off last year by serving coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cookies, and other various items, adding more as the year continued and success of the Tiger Den increased.  The tradition will continue this year and more items will be added as the year progresses.

Mrs. Converse, the FLS students, and various others involved with the Tiger Den have already started planning for what’s ahead.

“There will be new items, but I want to get going and once everyone has learned everything we will add them,” Mrs. Converse said.

Not only is the Tiger Den continuing because of the success it had among teachers and students at EHS, but also because of how much the FLS students enjoyed helping out and how excited they were when new students came to help them.

“My favorite part about the Tiger Den is how you are always greeted with a smile when you walk up to order,” senior Hannah Beck said.

This year, more FLS students are getting involved with the Tiger Den, causing the jobs to be broken up and split among the students.

“One thing that stands out is how proud (the FLS students) are of new jobs they complete,” Mrs. Converse said.  “Just seeing their smile makes me so happy.”