Students Plan Ahead for Feb. 14

Sam Doak, Staff Writer

For some, Valentine’s Day can be a walk in the park, literally.  But for others, Feb 14 can be a day dreaded by people who don’t have anyone to share it with.

Every year flowers, candy and other gifts are just a few of the items shared among loved ones. So whether you’re into Valentine’s Day or just trying to get through it, know you’re not alone.

What is your opinion of Valentine’s Day?

“I think it’s actually a super cute day,” senior Emily Stewart said.  Stewart is single but still says the day is exciting for her.  “My dad always gets me chocolate and last year he gave me a diamond ring.”

Senior Cam Blair said he thinks Valentine’s Day is a great holiday if you have someone to spend it with.  Blair is currently in a relationship of six years with his girlfriend.  “It’s just a good way to show how much you still care about each other after a while,” Blair said.

Also in a relationship is senior Cole Frierdich.  “It’s kind of a pointless holiday, but I don’t hate it,” Frierdich said.

How do you plan on spending the day?

“I’m probably going to dinner with the rest of my single friends,” Stewart said.

For Valentine’s Day, Blair says he is going to a nice dinner with his girlfriend.

Frierdich is though still unsure of his plans for the day.  “I’ll probably end up having to work,” Frierdich said.  “But then after I’ll probably going out later with my girlfriend.”

What would be your ideal date on Valentine’s Day?

Stewart says her ideal date would the classic dinner. “I would like to go somewhere fancy with good food,” Stewart said.

As for Blair, he had a more simple approach.  “My ideal date would be any time you can spend with someone you care about,” Blair said.  “It’s where you can talk and just enjoy each other’s company.”  Blair also added that it doesn’t always have to be an extravagant evening.

Frierdich, who plays golf, says that a golf date would be a good alternative to the cliché dinner and a movie for the day.    “I’ve always liked the idea of a golf date,” Frierdich said.

So whether you go head-over-heels for the day or find it all a bit overwhelming, try and make the most of your Valentine’s Day.